Quality Control Chemist
Applications close: 18/09/2020
ntegria Healthcare brings together the best names in natural medicine to deliver a total suite of superior, scientifically proven healthcare products. Integria Healthcare is committed to our vision to inspire people to live better lives through natural healthcare, as well as growing our business with talented people who want to share this vision and love where they work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Chemist to join the Integria team on a maximum term contract until 24 December 2020. Based in our Brisbane Laboratory and reporting to the QC Laboratory Manager, this role is responsible for providing routine testing of raw materials and finished products in line with Integria Healthcare’s policies, processes and procedures.
This role will be a great fit for a professional Quality Control Chemist who prides themselves on their ability to communicate and display natural initiative and adaptability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Reporting regularly to the Laboratory Manager on laboratory functioning, equipment requirements, consumable budget and staffing within the laboratory area
- Managing individual laboratory quality test schedule in conjunction with the QC Manager to meet Integria Healthcare’s product specifications, manufacturing schedule and performance expectations
- Providing scientific support to quality initiatives and research and development initiatives within Integria Healthcare
- Conducting routine quality control laboratory functions
- Contributing to Integria Healthcare’s technical program
- Liaising with Quality Control Manager on all laboratory testing and quality issues
- Investigating non-conforming data with particular emphasis on root cause analysis
- Identifying and/or correcting any potential non-compliance in the laboratory environment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in chemistry or related scientific discipline preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytical laboratory environment, including HPLC, GC and UV/Vis Spectroscopy preferred
- Knowledge of natural health practice and herbal medicines. Desired but not essential
- Sound knowledge of, or ability to acquire, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
- Demonstrated experience as a team leader in a scientific team environment preferred
- Highly collaborative with the ability to manage time efficiently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify problems, investigate causes and solve effectively
Please note that preferred candidates may be required to undertake drug & alcohol testing and/or a medical assessment as part of the pre-employment process.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm AEST 18th September 2020
We ask that only those with the right to work in Australia applyApply Now