Nutritional Psychiatry in Practice
Nutritional psychiatry in practice is about focusing on the use of foods and nutraceuticals as part of an integrated treatment for mental health disorders.
In this webinar, we will:
- Review the link between nutritional deficiencies and mental health in respect to certain diets and nutrients
- Summarize the clinical evidence, to date, for diet and nutraceutical supplementations as key adjunct strategies in the treatment of mental health disorders
- Explore the importance of the biological pathways of inflammation and the immune system in mediating the influence of nutrition on mental health
- Introduce a new dietary assessment tool called the Inflammation Index Score and a pathology test that can be used as a marker for monitoring the effectiveness of diet and nutraceuticals in rebalancing inflammation pathways to support mental health.
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (1.5 Contact Hours)