Disordered Lipid Metabolism
Dyslipidaemia is well-documented as a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. Despite lipid-modifying medications such as statins being among the most commonly prescribed, cardiovascular disease continues to be a leading cause of death and disease burden in Australia. Recent studies question whether simply lowering cholesterol is enough to prevent or eliminate cardiovascular disease.
Naturopaths and complementary medicine practitioners are perfectly positioned to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease through clinical screening and education.
Clinical naturopath Keonie Moore will explore advancements in clinical management, to improve patients cardiovascular health early and prevent progression by normalising lipid profiles.
In this webinar Keonie will share:
- Practical aspects of patient screening and clinical assessment
- Primary and secondary causes of dyslipidaemia and varying presentations of specific lipid profile alterations
- Individualised herbal, nutritional and dietary approaches to dyslipidaemia
- Case studies to highlight effective clinical management approaches to correct lipid profiles
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (1.5 Contact Hours)