Building Paediatric Resilience
Stressful experiences have a disproportionately larger impact during the critical and sensitive period of child and adolescent development. When psychosocial support is either broken or no longer provides an adequate buffer, lasting effects on the neuroendocrine-immune network can result. This is where targeted, age-appropriate natural medicine protection and correction becomes crucial in minimising the effects of stress in these developing patients.
Paediatric treatment is a specialised area due to differing developmental stages which impact metabolism of herbs and nutrients, and influence disease patterns and susceptibilities compared to mature adults.
In this webinar Rose will share:
- Age and maturation dependant effects on core developmental stages and how it impacts the neuroendocrine-immune network
- Understanding the differentials of allostatic load and overload in paediatric patients
- Examination of changes over the paediatric lifespan and how it affects solubility, absorption and elimination of herbal metabolites
- Safety and core rules in herbal dispensing, including dosing and compliance recommendations
- Targeted herbal and nutritional strategies for paediatric age groups, focusing on nervous and immune system support
- Practical tips, including often forgotten traditionally based treatments, to generate a positive connection as well as enhance paediatric health outcomes
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (1.5 Contact Hours)