Boosting Healthy Sleep
This recorded presentation is from our 2019 MediHerb seminar series ‘Stress and Brain Architecture’.
This session is based primarily on the clinical evidence underpinning the use of a range of key herbs for improving sleep quality and duration. However, Kerry will also outline guidelines, informed by functional herbal therapy, that include the use of traditional herbs. A discussion of the various manifestations of insomnia is included, such as the different clinical patterns of sleep disturbance, emphasizing the need for the individual treatment of specific issues.
Topics covered include:
- How Ginseng and other tonic herbs might actually improve sleep
- Why Chaste Tree is vital in the management of certain types of insomnia
- The intriguing new insights of sleep science and the role of sleep in general heath, with a brief focus on body weight, dementia and learning
- Why sleep quality is very important and what this means in practice
- How conventional sleeping pills might be worse than useless
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (1 Contact Hour)